Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Imagine More Cards "Rocket Birthday"

It is my father-in-laws birthday tomorrow and I do not consider myself the best at making "guy" cards.  I love glitter, ribbon, and all those other embellishments that lend themselves toward the girly cards.  I had been playing with this cart all day so I decided to try my hand at the cute rocket ship and see what I could come up with.  I was really pleased with how it turned out but I have to say......I don't think I ever want to spend that much time placing "skittles" on a card again - Lol!  The "recipe" is as follows:
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base in white
2 - 3/4" x 5 1/2" rectangles flooded with the blue striped pattern - obviously, the simpler method would be to flood an  A2 size rectangle instead of cutting two strips but I like to conserve my paper.
2 3/4" x 5 1/2" rectangle flooded with yellow polka-dot pattern
3 7/8" x 4 1/8" rectangle flooded with red polka-dot pattern (I rounded the corners with a punch)
Rocket ship was cut in layers at 3" and pop-dotted
Dark brown eyelets set
Lots of "skittles" :) - I have found Zots small round dots to work perfectly for adhering these to my cards
All paper was inked with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in "Tea Dye"

2 comments:

  1. really cute love the guy card.love the eyelets.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards and darling site! I found you from the MB and am now following you. Hope you can stop by mine too. Thanks! Love the title!

    ReplyDelete