Friday, January 28, 2011

What a week!

Good morning, bloggers!!   What a crazy week this has been!  I had hoped to have a few new cards posted by today but I have found myself having absolutely 0 minutes of free time since last weekend.  One of my piano students phoned me last Friday night in a panic.  Every year, the state instrumental competitions are the last weekend of January.  Most of my students take a second instrument as they are encouraged to be in band class at their schools.  Up until my baby was born 1 1/2 years ago, I had my name on the list of available accompanists in the area but when our little girl was born, I removed my name because I wanted to take a break for a couple years.  Now, you would think that since this is an annual competition, the highschoolers would be well aware that they need to hire an accompanist early on for their solo but such is not the case.  No - they prefer to wait until the last possible second.  Lol  Long story short - my student called me as she and several friends did not have an accompanist and they had 7 days until their competition.  She dropped off the music on Saturday - except for one girl who couldn't find two pages of her accompaniment part. :(  I have since been working on scheduling practices and hurriedly learning several pieces of music for this Saturday.  I have to admit, I am not looking forward to sitting all day at a highschool filled with hundreds of people even though it pays well.  I did, however, purchase two new carts as I felt I had earned at least that much and I hope to share some new cards this next week.  Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. wow hope everything turns out great.good luck to your students and you with the copetition.hope to see some of your new creations soon.

    ReplyDelete