Friday, January 21, 2011

Yummy Card #2





Good evening!  After tackling Kate's Kitchen, I decided my next series of cards would be from the "Yummy" Imagine cartridge.  This cart has the most delicious-looking cakes and desserts - almost makes me wish I liked to eat that sort of thing.  I have to admit, I have never had a sweet-tooth.  My guilty pleasure has always been bagels and not the sweet kind either - pretty boring, isn't it?  Now on to the card................
I found a way to save a bit of paper while layering.  I like lots of layers of patterned paper but hate to waste the ink on a large piece when all you see of it is the sides.  I have been using 3" x 5 1/2" rectangles from WW and then cutting them in half and placing one on either side of the main patterned piece - glued from the back. I then mount the whole thing on to my cardstock of choice and it looks no different than if I had cut out two larger rectangles and layered them onto one another.  The card recipe is as follows:
4' x 5 1/2" card base
4" x 5 1/2" rectangle flooded with yummy pattern
3 x 5 1/2" rectangle from WW flooded with yummy pattern, then cut in half to form two 1 1/2 " x 5 1/2" strips
1 1/2" x 4 1/4" rectangle flooded with yummy pattern then placed horizontally on card
Two cakes were cut in layers at 3 1/2" and then pop-dotted for extra dimension
Glossy accents for cherry and red frosting strip
Martha Stewart white glitter for top of cake
Pearl accents
Gross-grain ribbon from SU - can't remember specific color
Scrappy Mom Stamps "Sweet Somethings" - sentiment

2 comments:

  1. So cute! The goooy icing on the cake is adorable!! I don't have an Imagaine but this would be a really fun cart to have! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY IS MY FAVORITE CART for the I.
    cute cards..
    pookie

    ReplyDelete